How to Become a Christian
A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ. A Christian has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, strives to obey Him, & draws on His strength in time of need.
Only God can fill the void in our life. The answer to our search is accepting Jesus Christ as Lord & Savior of our life. To become a Christian you need to understand some basic facts from the Bible:
- All Have Sinned: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- God Loves Each: God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
- God Gave His Son: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that who ever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
- Wages of Sin is Death: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
- By Grace Through Faith You Are Saved: For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest anyone should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Confess Sin: For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:10)
- Call Upon the Name of the Lord: For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be save. (Romans 10:13)
- Jesus Knocks – Open the Door: Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me. (Revelation 3:20)
- Result – Eternal Life: Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. (John 6:47)
- Security: And I give them eternal life and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of my hand. (John 10:28)
Jesus went to the cross and shed His blood so that we might be saved!